As we go through life we tend to picture life's pivotal moments. Whether it be a milestone birthday, a graduation, or perhaps a wedding. Most pivotal moments are joyous occasions shared with those who matter most to us in the world. This was not one of those occasions. The only similarity is the fact that I was surrounded by some of the people who mean everything to me. The day May 29th, 2014 the time 9:23 a.m. The location outpatient Cardiology conference room at PCMC.
One of the transplant doctors sat at the head of the table, I sat two seats down to his right flanked by my parents. Across from my family and I sat a social worker and two nurses. Tears began streaming down my face as the doctor started his speech with . . ."We're very sorry but . . . . . . . ." It's just like the movies, it's never a good thing when they say that. I will always remember this as the day I was completely denied my transplants by the state of Utah. I have now been rejected by every single transplant program this state has to offer. It was a devastating blow. How does one come back after building up hope time and time again only to be rejected not once, not twice, but THREE times!!!! I feel so abandoned.
Like I've said so many times before there is now a new plan. I'm going to have more testing done and all of my results, and transplant evaluation stuff is going to be sent out to other programs in other states. They're pulling out the big guns now, we're talking Mayo Clinic, Cleavland Clinic, Stanford, and Texas Children's. Once again I'm asking for your prayers, this is it, this is all I have left to hope for, that someone somewhere can help me with my transplants!!!
I'm sorry this post is so short, I'll try to do better next time.
3 comments:
I too am devastated at this news. I don't understand why they would deny you. I love you Heidi, I am still praying for a miracle for you.
Oh sweet Heidi, I'm praying for you still and always.
Thank-you Ashley and Lacey!
Post a Comment